The holidays can be especially demanding on your home's plumbing system, and especially drains. With the extra demands brought on by holiday visitors and large meals, the risk of clogs increases significantly.
Here are some tips to avoid sewer and drain problems during the holidays.
1. Deep frying a turkey? Remember to never dispose of fryer grease down the drain! Even a floor drain. Instead, pour the cooled oil into a sealed container and freeze it before putting it in the trash.
2. Coffee ground should not be put down the drain or disposal.
3. Make sure your kitchen and bath drains have a grate or screen to prevent debris like hair and other waste from building up in the drain pipe.
4. Rinse the drain with hot water to prevent oil and grease from accumulating.
5. If your drains are prone to clogging, consider a safe, environmentally friendly option for keeping your plumbing system working smoothly.
If all else fails to clear your clogged drain, Call Maitz Home Services. We're here to help.