Maitz Home Services provides healthy home and green solutions to homes in Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton, and the surrounding counties of: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Monroe, Bucks, and Montgomery.
To Maitz Home Services, “green” means safe, healthy homes and the peace of mind knowing your heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical systems are the most efficient available and will help save you money and protect our environment by using fewer natural resources. Maitz Home Services is committed to finding new products and technologies that are energy efficient and environmentally friendly. When you call Maitz you know that you are doing something good for the environment.
Are you sick of paying high energy bills? Check out how to improve energy efficiency to save hundreds every year.
What Green Energy Means For Your Home
People are more concerned about the environment now than ever, and they’re looking for ways to make their homes greener and more environmentally friendly. Here are a few benefits to making your home more green.
- Save money on your energy bills
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Helping to create more jobs in manufacturing and installation of green products
- Tax breaks and other incentives
How to Make Your Home More ‘Green’
With all the talk of becoming more ‘eco-friendly’, you’re probably wondering what you can do to join the fight against climate change and make the environment healthier and cleaner. Here are a few tips to make your home more environmentally friendly.
- Save Water: Fix leaks, install low flow toilets and showerheads, and do all you can to not waste a single drop of water.
- Upgrade Your Lights: Getting energy efficient bulbs is a great way to save electricity and money because they last longer than traditional bulbs.
- Upgrade Insulation: Having a well-insulated home means your HVAC system doesn’t have to work as hard to heat and cool your home, which saves money on your energy bill and means you don’t waste energy heating on heating and cooling.
If you’re worried about high energy bills and the environment, check out our solar hot water systems and find out if they’re right for you.
How Much Can You Save by Going Green?
While there are hundreds of factors determining how much energy you use and how much you spend on energy during a year, the fact is you can save substantially by taking steps to make your home more energy efficient. For example, lighting your home represents a significant amount of your energy bill. According to the EPA, lighting comprises nearly 20% of the average home’s utility bill. By installing ‘green’ bulbs in all of your home’s sockets, you can save approximately $240 per year just on your electric bill.
To find out how much you can save call Maitz Home Services today and let us assess your energy needs.