Cold weather is just around the corner so now is the time to ensure your home's heating system is ready. Here are some items to check.1. If you haven't done so already, call Maitz Home Services to schedule your furnace tune-up. Keeping your furnace maintained will keep it running longer while helping it operate more efficiently.
2. Replace your furnace filter. If it's been in use for more than a month, replace it.
3. Turn down your thermostat to 68 degrees. For every degree you lower your heat in the 60-degree to 70-degree range, you'll save up to 5 percent on heating costs.
4. Program your thermostat to automatically lower the temperature when you're not at home.
5. Reverse the direction of your ceiling fans to direct the warm air downward towards the living space.
6. Check your smoke and CO detectors. Replace the batteries as needed.
7. Ensure that air ducts are not covered or covered by rugs or furniture.
8. Seal air leaks around windows and doors.
9. Keep your fireplace damper closed unless a fire is burning.
Need help with your home's heating system? Call Maitz Home Services anytime.