Many older homes aren’t equipped to handle the electrical loads put on them by today’s appliances and gadgets. And, with all the electronics requiring USB charging, you can never find a free outlet when you need it. At Maitz Home Services, our expert technicians have been helping residents of Easton, PA upgrade their outlets and breaker panels for years and we can help you too.
Wondering why we’re so highly rated? Check out our customer reviews and find out!
Why You Need a GFCI Outlet Upgrade
GFCI or ground fault circuit interrupter outlets are useful in areas where you have an increased risk of shock or electrocution such as the kitchen, the bathroom, the pool area or anywhere you have electricity in the proximity of water. These outlets protect by turning off the circuit when it detects a surge or imbalance and can save lives. If you don’t have GFCI outlets or want to know more, call us today and ask about getting a GFCI receptacle upgrade to keep you and your family safe.
Benefits to a Backup Generator Installation
Most everyone has lived through at least one power outage in their lives, and if you live in an area that experiences frequent electrical storms, probably more than that. While most power outages are fixed quickly, sometimes repairs don’t come for days, which causes food to spoil and makes life difficult. If you haven’t considered a backup generator, here are a few reasons you should.
- Protects food from going bad
- Allows you to live normally through a power outage
- Keeps essential electrical medical devices powered up
- Allows you to keep working if you have a home-based business
- Protects home against dangerous surges and fluctuations when power returns
Call Maitz Home Services and let us assess your needs and recommend an emergency generator installation that’s right for your home.
Worried about the expense of an electrical repair? Check out our coupons page and see how much you can save!
5 Signs It’s Time to Upgrade Your Electrical Panel
Your home’s electrical panel is one of the most essential pieces to your home’s electrical puzzle; it brings in electricity and routes it to where it needs to go. However, today’s homeowners use more electricity than past generations, and the electrical panel may not be keeping up. Here are 5 signs it’s time to upgrade.
- Home’s Age: Many older homes delivered a comfortable 60-amps, which was fine, but it’s not nearly enough for today’s demands which can be 100 or 200 amps.
- Over-reliance on Extension Cords: Extension cords are meant for brief situations, not constant use. If you have wires strewn all over the house, you need an upgrade with additional outlets.
- You Still Have Fuses: Homes built prior to the 1970s mostly used fuses in the electrical panel, but today fuses are outdated. Circuit breakers perform the same function as fuses but are more convenient to use and some homeowner’s insurance policies won’t even cover homes with fuses because of fire risk.
- Frequent Breaker Trips: If you have frequently tripped breakers it’s a sign your load is too much for the system or there’s a problem with your panel and it needs an upgrade.
- You’re Upgrading Appliances: If you’re adding new, high capacity appliances that require lots of power, an electrical service panel upgrade will accommodate the need.