Today’s homeowners demand robust electrical systems to meet their power needs. If your home’s wiring isn’t up to the job, call Maitz Home Services and ask about our electrical wiring repair and installation services.
If you use many appliances, gaming systems, HDTVs, computers, and other power hungry devices, your home could be at risk if your wiring isn’t up to the task. Call Maitz Home Services if your Allentown, PA home’s wiring is over 50 years old and let us assess the health of your electrical system to ensure the safety of your family.
Do you always run out of outlets for charging your USB devices? If so, check out our switch & outlet replacement service and see if a USB outlet upgrade works for you.
How To Know if You Need New Electrical Wiring
Most people don’t think about their wiring until something bad happens, but the fact is, that electrical fires affect over 40,000 homes every year, and many of those fires are because of poor wiring. Here are signs you need a new electrical wiring installation.
- Your home is over 30 years old
- You experience frequent breaker trips or blown fuses
- You rely too much on extension cords and need more outlets
- Your lights go dim or flicker when you use an appliance
Each of these are signs that your home’s electrical system is unsafe and taxed beyond its limits. Call a professional residential electrician to assess your home’s needs.
Can You DIY When It Comes to Electrical Wiring Repair and Installation?
Most homeowners would like to save a few bucks and do projects around the house themselves rather than call a professional, and there’s nothing wrong with that. However, with electrical work, it’s best to not do it yourself and here’s why.
- NO ‘DO-OVERS’ WITH ELECTRICITY: Working with electricity is dangerous and not knowing what you’re doing can have fatal consequences
- RISK OF FIRE: If you overload a circuit because of improper wiring, you could experience an electrical fire
- CODE VIOLATIONS: Most neighborhoods require permits when you perform extensive electrical work. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you could end up violating codes, which can affect the resale value of your home and make it unsafe
Even if you are handy, you’re always better off calling in a pro for electrical services. You get the job done right, done safely, and done to code so you don’t have to worry.
Is Your Wiring Damaged? Here’s How to Know
Ensuring your wiring is healthy is vital to keeping your devices running well and keeping your family safe. Here are warning signs telling you your wiring is faulty.
- Your circuit breakers trip frequently
- Your lights flicker, dim, or buzz
- Your wiring is frayed or has been chewed by pests
- Your outlets are discolored from heat or smoke
- Your walls feel warm or your outlets vibrate
- You smell a burning odor coming from your outlets
Damaged wiring is a serious issue that can prove deadly if not dealt with. Call an experienced residential electrician and get help if you notice any of these signs.
Don’t let faulty wiring leave you in the dark. Call Maitz Home Services in the Allentown, PA area and ask about our electrical wiring repair and installation services.