Maitz Home Services in Allentown, PA is the boiler service company that more residents turn to when they need quality boiler repairs and replacement at affordable prices. For over 50 years, we have been committed to delivering a higher standard to boiler solutions. Our boiler installations and repairs are always code compliant and guaranteed to last. Our team of specialists are NATE-certified and receive continuous training on the latest in heating technology.
Your neighbors are talking about us and it’s all good – just read their reviews!
Boiler Repair & Replacement
Older boilers do not have the energy-saving features nor the safety devices found on modern boilers. Therefore, older models will break down and deteriorate faster and with more frequency than the newer models. We offer the following troubleshooting and repair services for residential boilers:
- Carbon monoxide testing
- Thermostat recalibration
- Restore or replace hot water pumps
- Zone valve and water flow inspection
- Snowmelt system repair and maintenance
- Pressure vessel and expansion tanks inspection
- Cleaning dirty gas burners and heat exchangers
- Radiant and underfloor heating repair & installation
- Gas leaks and control inspection
If your boiler cannot be repaired, we will propose a boiler replacement guaranteed to last for decades. You can count on our boiler repairs and replacement to be code-compliant and backed by our customer service guarantee.
Keep Your Home Safe with Annual Boiler Tune-Up
Providing routine maintenance service for your boiler is the best way to keep it performing smoothly. With a maintenance plan from Maitz Home Services, you can expect to receive the most advanced maintenance inspection on your boiler. Whether you have an electric or oil-burning boiler, we’ll have your system performing like new after each maintenance visit. Our maintenance plans include:
- Test components
- Check water gauges
- Inspect the boiler controls
- Check for corrosion and leaks
- Clean piping and float chamber
- Check water treatment system
- Clean & lubricate moving parts
- Check for corrosion and leaks
- Clean heat transfer surfaces
- Update and review boiler logs
- Test the fuel cutoff feature
- Inspect the pressure of the boiler
- Check and maintain the economizer
- Check condensate recovery system
Call Maitz Home Services to discuss our boiler maintenance plans and to choose the one right for your home and budget.
Learn more about ductless mini split AC systems and decide if they are right for your home.
Boiler vs. Furnace Comparison
A furnace will blow warm air via your the duct system and releases it inside rooms by way of vents located on floors and walls. Furnaces can be fueled by electricity, natural gas, or oil. You will find furnaces in most new homes, whereas boilers are usually found in older structures.
Furnaces and boilers work well in different situations. Because furnaces blow conditioned air around the house, they can create drafty conditions. Boiler heating, on the other hand, produces a comfortable, quiet heat at an even temperature. Boilers are a bit more expensive than furnaces, but many homeowners consider them worth the extra expense.
Both furnaces and boilers require routine maintenance service as recommended by the manufacturers in order to maintain the warranty.