Maitz Home Services in Allentown, PA is the plumbing company more residents trust for precise water leak detection. We have over 50 years of water leak detection experience, and we use the latest water leak technology to offer the most accurate water leak detection possible.
A water leak in your plumbing system can result in potentially thousands of dollars in damages. You need a plumbing company with special, advanced tools and equipment, and with technicians with specialized skills and expertise. Call Maitz Home Services for fast water leak detection and water damage control.
Read what our customers say about our water leak detection services in their honest reviews.
Accurate Water Leak Detection
Some water leaks are more obvious than others. You will see them near faucets, around the toilet, near the garden hose and water heaters. Others can be out of sight, hidden under the floor, behind walls, and even in the ceiling. Water leaks that are not readily visible are the most dangerous because they can go undetected for days, resulting in greater damage to property.
Water leak detection is best left to a plumbing professional who has the proper leak detection tools. At Maitz Home Services we use specialized water leak detection equipment that allows us to locate the precise location of the leak. Our equipment is always accurate and enables us to make repairs quickly. Modern water leak detection devices take our technicians to the source of a leak with minimal damage to property.
Don't wait to get your water leak fixed. Call the experts at Lodder Brothers Limited for burst pipe replacement and repair and quality leak detection.
What Causes a Water Leak?
Water leaks happen. They are particularly common in older homes, although everyone is susceptible. Some common conditions that result in water leaks are:
- Aging Pipes - Pipes in older homes become deteriorated over the years. The natural shifting of the building can loosen and separate pipe joints.
- Extreme Temperature Changes - Water that has frozen inside the pipes can make them break and leak.
- Unregulated Water Pressure - High and low water pressure can burst a pipe and cause leakage.
- Clogged Drains - Clogged pipes can cause leakage through the joints.
It is important to realize that you may have a water leak in your home and not even know it. That is why it’s critical that you keep an eye out for signs of leaks and take the necessary precautions to prevent them.
Dreaming about new piping? Our whole-house repiping is more affordable than you think.
Common Indicators of a Water Leak
A high water bill is a good indicator that you may have a water leak in the home.
If you have unexplained damage in the walls, ceilings, and floors, you likely have a hidden leak somewhere. Five ways to identify a water leak in the home are:
- If tiles are loose and vinyl floor is curling
- If paint and drywall are peeling
- If there are water spots on the ceiling
- If there is mold on the wall, ceiling or floor
- If there is standing water on the floor in the bathroom