Nearly every homeowner experiences electrical issues in their lives. Whether it’s a power failure, a failed outlet, or dealing with electrical code violations, you need an electric company you can trust to get the job done right and safely. At Maitz Home Services, we dependably serve the residents of Allentown, PA with trusted electrical service and we can do the same for you too.
If your home is over 50 years old, it may be time for new wiring. Check out our wiring repair & replacement services and call us for an appointment.
Full electrical solutions:
- Switch/Outlet Repair & Replacement
- Breaker Panel Repair & Replacement
- Wiring Repair & Replacement
- Indoor Lighting
- Outdoor Lighting
- Whole House Generator Services
- Smoke Detector Installation
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation
- Whole House Surge Protector
- Pool & Hot Tub Wiring
- Whole House Safety Inspection
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Troubleshooting Your Electrical Issue
If you’re not getting power to one of your appliances or you have lights that flicker, it can frustrate you trying to figure out what is the problem. Here are some general tips on troubleshooting your electrical issues.
- Frequent electrical surges can happen because of cheap power strips or devices with faulty wiring. Unplug these devices to see if the problem resolves itself.
If your light switch does not work, it can be due to faulty wiring.
- Frequent breaker trips are often caused by high wattage items like hair dryers using the same circuit as other devices. Try using lower settings or limit the number of high wattage devices on the same circuit.
- Overloaded circuits are usually caused by having too many devices pulling power from one power point. Don’t daisy chain power strips and unplug devices when not in use.
If you experience any of these common electrical issues and you can’t seem to fix them yourself, it’s best to call in a residential electrician to understand the problem for the safety of your family.
Do You Get Electrical Shocks? Here’s What to Do
Many of us have experienced an electrical shock when turning a device on or off and while they’re usually not painful, it can become a dangerous situation if not dealt with quickly.
Most electrical shocks happen because of faulty wiring within a device or appliance. Calling your local residential electrician for electrical troubleshooting is the best way to diagnose the cause of the shocks and to fix the problem so it doesn’t turn into a tragic situation later.
Did you know a GFCI outlet installation can save lives? Check out our switch and outlet repair services and find out more.
Is Your Electric Bill Rising? This Could Be Why
If you’ve noticed your electric bill going up and your supplier hasn’t raised rates, it could be because of poor wiring on the mains or on the circuit. Diagnosing the exact reason for an increase in electric bills is tricky for the average homeowner and is best left to the electrical contractors.