Do you want the convenience of being able to quickly charge your electric vehicle at home? Call Maitz Home Services and ask about getting a dedicated electric car charging station installation for your home today.
As more people become environmentally aware, electric vehicles are becoming more popular. Unfortunately, most homes aren’t equipped with dedicated electric car charging stations. That’s where Maitz Home Services comes in.
Our expert electricians proudly serve the Allentown, PA area. We can install a station in a convenient to access spot so you can quickly charge your electric vehicle without dealing with extension cords or other hassles.
Are you tired of the way your interior looks? Check out our indoor lighting service and see how an upgrade can put your home in a whole new light.
Benefits of a Home Electric Car Charging Station
One of the first questions on people’s mind, when they buy an electric vehicle, is, “How am I going to charge it at home?” What most don’t know is that you can easily charger your car via a wall outlet, but having a dedicated charging station has several advantages, including:
- Faster charging: Home level 2 chargers charge your vehicle quicker than a standard wall outlet
- Convenience: Your vehicle will always be charged and ready to go the next day so you won’t have to stress trying to find a station while you’re out
- Cheaper: Some places charge a fee to hook up to their charging station. With a station at home, you save money.
Why a Dedicated Electric Vehicle Charging Station is Better
While you can charge your electric vehicle via any home outlet, we know this as Level 1 Charging, which means charging takes approximately 20 hours for a full charge depending on the vehicle. A dedicated charging station is a Level 2 Charger, which supplies 240V, similar to what your dryer or oven uses. Level 2 Charging allows for a greater range of charging speeds and can fully charge your vehicle quicker, which is better when you don’t have time to wait.
Do you live in an area with frequent storms? Protect your valuable electronics from surges and check out what our whole house surge protector service can do for you.
Questions to Ask Before Installing an Electric Vehicle Charging Station
So, you’ve purchased an electric vehicle and you want to install a charging station at home. Great! But before you do, ask these questions to avoid any headaches.
- Do You Have The Power? Most homes pull either 100 or 200 amps of current which is fine for most uses. However, adding on an electric vehicle charging station increases your home’s power load, so be sure you have the headroom to accommodate the extra power needs. If not, you may have to upgrade to a 200 amp panel if you want to take advantage of a Level 2 Charger.
- Do You Have The Space? Make sure you have enough physical space on your electric panel.
- Do You Have The Volts? For an electric charging station, you’ll need 240V of power, and you should be in luck because most homes are already wired for 240, but double check to be sure.