When to Call for Emergency Plumbing Repairs
Not every plumbing problem is an emergency, but sometimes, you can’t wait or do it yourself and need to hire a professional plumbing company. Here are the most common reasons people call for emergency plumbing services.
- Burst pipes
- Low water pressure
- Overflowing toilet
- Clogged drains
- Main sewer line clog
- Water heater failure
The Truth About Clogged Drains
Clogged drains are a common household problem, but most times we can avoid them with a little forethought. Protect against clogged drains by following these tips.
- Don’t flush non-flushable wipes or sanitary napkins down the toilet
- Don’t pour cooking grease or coffee grounds down the drain; put them in the trash instead
- Use a metal strainer filter to stop large debris from going down the kitchen sink
- Pour hot water down the kitchen drain after use to keep pipes clear
If you’ve tried these things but still end up with clogged drains, call a clogged drain repair company for expert help.
Are you hesitant to hire a residential plumbing contractor because of the cost? We have great money saving coupons to make it easier for you.
When to Consider Replacing Your Water Heater
The average hot water heater lasts about 12-15 years, and after that, it’s time to think about replacing. Also, watch for these signs telling you your hot water heater is about to fail and then call a plumber for help.
- Cloudy or rust-colored water
- Water takes too long to get hot
- Hot water doesn’t last as long as it used to
- Water tank leaks
- You hear strange gurgling or banging noises from inside the tank
If you notice any of these signs, call a plumber right away before your tank fails.